When I was younger, I couldn’t wait until my birthday….but as I got older, my birthday seemed to have come by faster than ever. I guess as you age (lol) the numbers start to add up, but at the end of the day I still feel like I’m 16 and my age never mattered to me…I still have big dreams I want to accomplish, I still have a big vision for myself, and I still want to better myself every single day.
I was listening to a motivational podcast the other day, and they said one thing that stood out to me, it was: “365 days from now, you wouldn’t want to be the same person as you are now… you would want to become a different person, a person who has changed, and a person who has grown.” A year from today I would want to become a different person, much stronger, much more knowledgeable, and much more wiser than who I am now. 😊
I thought it was a good idea to come up with a list of 24 things I learned when I was 23, to reflect, change, and grow, so here it is! ❤ My 24 lessons:
- You are worth more than you know and capable of more than you think.
- Trust yourself.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Work hard but be smart about it.
- Have a clear and precise vision (know what you want).
- Be patient (in time all things will come).
- Don’t just think about it, take ACTION!
- Express your feelings, don’t bottle them up.
- Eat more vegetables, save the animals.
- Hold trust like a paper (you can’t trust everyone).
- Take care of yourself before you take care of anyone else.
- It’s okay to have a bad day, it makes you appreciate it all the good days 🙂
- Be grateful (Always).
- Keep on learning, never stop growing.
- Speak up.
- Love with all your heart.
- Never dwell in your fears (you’ll only sink deeper, be fear-LESS).
- Take calculated risks.
- Never compare yourself or look up to the media (you never know whats fake or whats real out there) You’re REAL, stay true to yourself. ❤
- You’re never too old to be silly.
- Keep a list of all things that make you happy, so when you feel down reach out for that list.
- Both coffee and tea is antioxidant rich.
- The past does not exist anymore, only in your mind, so stay in the present and never let a moment go.
- Time is the most valuable thing you could give to someone you love. ❤
Thank-you for reading 😊