When I was younger, I couldn’t wait until my birthday….but as I got older, my birthday seemed to have come faster than ever. I guess as you age (lol) the numbers start to matter, but at the end of the day I still feel like I’m 16 and my age never mattered to me…I still have big dreams I want to accomplish, I still have a big vision for myself, and I still want to better myself every single day.
I was listening to a motivational podcast the other day, and they said one thing that stood out to me, it was: “365 days from now, you wouldn’t want to be the same person as you are now… you would want to become a different person, a person who has changed, and a person who has grown.” A year from today I would want to become a different person, much more wiser than I am now. 😊
I thought it was a good idea to come up with a list of 24 things I learned when I was 23, to reflect, to change, and to grow, so here it is! ❤ My 24 lessons:
- You’re worth more than you think.
- You can still be silly.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Work hard but be smart about it.
- Have a clear and precise vision (know what you want).
- Be patient (in time all things will come).
- Don’t just think about it, take ACTION!
- Express your feelings, don’t bottle them up.
- Eat more vegetables, save the animals.
- Family time is important.
- Take care of yourself before you take care of anyone else.
- It’s okay to have a bad day, it makes you appreciate it all the good days.
- Be grateful (Always).
- Keep on learning, never stop growing.
- Speak up (you’re opinion matters).
- Respect yourself to move away from things that no longer serve you.
- Never dwell in your fears (you’ll only sink deeper, be fear-LESS).
- Take calculated risks.
- When you’re stressed, take a nap.
- Just be you, the right kind of people will love you for you.
- Keep a list of all things that make you happy, so when you feel down reach out for that list.
- Both coffee and tea is antioxidant rich.
- Stay in the moment.
- Time is the most valuable thing you could give to someone you love (time waits for noone). ❤
Thank-you for reading 😊